What do you do when you have too many books in your TBR pile? HOST A READATHON!!
It all started when I had the utmost urge to read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix after visiting the Pottermore website. Then it hit me; there are too many books on my shelf that I haven’t read. It just so happens that the books I plan to read are blue-ish, hence the name of the readathon. 🙂
The readathon begins on Oct 21st and ends at midnight on Oct 22nd. It doesn’t matter what time zone you are! I’ll be doing daily activities here on my blog for both the 21st and 22nd along with keeping posted about my page counts. You can also follow my page counts on my Twitter and Goodreads, and see the books I’m reading on my Instagram, @WritingMime.
For this first blog, post what you plan to read during the readathon, whether it be blue books, Potter books, or anything under the rainbow that you need to catch up on. Then, if you like, post a picture of your books in a reply with your goals or tag me in a picture on Instagram and/or Twitter – don’t forget your #BluePotter!
For my goals, I plan to read:
- The fifth book in the Harry Potter series, The Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
- Finish the audiobook of the first book in the Pendragon series, The Merchant of Death by D.J. MacHale (re-read; wanted to get through the rest of the series, but forgot the beginning)
- Thirty or so pages (because I’ve been discussing with friends in increments) of The Birth Order Connection by Dr. Kevin Leman
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- And Cat’s Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
I’ll be making a recap video on Youtube after the readathon is over just to see how successful I was. Also, since this readathon is already over, here’s the first day’s blog and the second day/recap blog.
Where you can find my books: http://www.amazon.com/Brista-Drake/e/B00YZGC792/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/writingmime
Other Blog: http://writingmime.blogspot.com/